One day Masterclass – Podcast workshop
Podcasting has exploded in popularity recently. The medium allows listeners to explore interesting topics. Podcasts are available on many growing platforms such as Spotify, YouTube, SoundCloud and iTunes so this can help businesses target their potential audience. Cambridge TV is hosting a practical training session for people who want to learn how to create an audio only or video podcast.
The course will cover:
• Story - structure and creating engaging content
• Style - formal or informal and how to achieve it
• How to ask interesting questions or infer a question through conversational means
• Presenter training - how to project yourself well, use your voice effectively and what to wear (if it's a video podcast)
• Technical setup - what equipment you will need and how it works
• How to capture good, clean audio using a range of microphones
• Platforms and output
• The step by step process from planning to a finished product
The workshop is taught by industry professionals with many years of experience in presenting, audio and show formats and are currently working on a number of different podcast series. The masterclass will be hands-on with practical exercises aimed at improving your output. You will film in a real life TV studio that will be set up specifically for podcasting and have feedback on your work. You will see examples of when things have gone well, and not so well.
There are multiple styles you can pursue when creating your podcast series. We will explore each of the different options and show you how to achieve its conventions, e.g. interview techniques on how to ask good questions to achieve a clear succinct answer, how to draw out a story from your contributor and how to infer a question without asking one.
1-to-1 sessions are available if required.