One day Masterclass - Smartphone workshop
Feeling cringed when watching the video you've just made for your company's social media on your phone? There are some simple practices you can use to improve the quality and content of your video.
Cambridge TV Training is hosting this practical training session for professionals who want to improve their skills behind the camera.
You will learn:
- Who/what to film and how to get the best out of your subject
- Camera skills and techniques
- What makes a good story
- Tips in affordable equipment that can help you
- Production techniques – how to get better looking videos
- Preproduction techniques – how to realise an idea effectively
- Why it’s important to think about sound and captions
- How to improve your editing
- How to direct others to obtain the results you need
Text and still images have been superseded by video, so learn how to make improvements to your techniques and stay with the current trends. Attentions spans are brutal, and people click away at the slightest provocation. How do you have impact in the first few seconds and sustain interest throughout the piece? What makes an interesting story and how can this be told in a manner that doesn’t demean your branding or the value of the work?
The masterclass will be hands-on. You will film in a real life TV studio and have feedback on your work. You will see examples of when things have gone well, and not so well. There will be practical exercises, so please do bring your smartphone.
We will use a combination of professional broadcast equipment and smartphones.