Do you cringe when watching the video you've just made for your company's social media on your phone?
There are some simple things you can do to improve the quality and content of your video.
Cambridge TV Training is hosting this practical training session for professionals who want to improve their skills behind the camera.
The masterclass is from 9.30am to 1.30pm and will be hands-on. You will see examples of when things have gone well, and not so well. There will be practical exercises, so please do bring your smartphone.
The session in split into 3 different elements:
- What makes a good story
- The benefits of editorial over advertising in reaching your audience
- Who/what to film and how to get the best out of your subject
- The importance of b-roll and how to make your content better
2. Production techniques
- Camera skills and techniques with smartphones
- Looking at the different apps available
- Where to film – lighting is vital, as is shot composition
- How to direct others to obtain the results you need
- Practical with tutor support
3. Post-production & Equipment
- How to improve your editing
- How to realise an idea effectively
- Sound and captions
- Tips for editing for social media and longer form business content
- Examples of the different affordable equipment to attach to your phone for better sound, visuals and lighting.
- Advice on moving forward with your own projects or ideas.
Bob is the founder and Chief Executive of Cambridge TV Training, Cambridge TV’s partner organisation. He is also a director at Cambridge TV. He has held senior executive positions in the world of education (City & Guilds, Open University) and technology (Acorn).
In the media industry, Bob specialises in storytelling, producing and interviewing. With his background in technology, media and education he combines all three in teaching video production. He also runs successful business events in making corporate videos more watchable using a few tricks and tips you can apply to your own projects.
Bob is responsible for our recent TV documentary series that are currently being pitched to BBC4 and Channel 5.
Time & Date: 13 June 2019 - 9.30am - 1.30pm
Offer for two people £500